Pinterest has become increasingly popular within the social media networks, in this article you will learn how to become Pinteresting, here at BIGChangeMarketing.com we created a step by step instructions how to build a Pinterest account!
1. If Pinning for your brand, make sure your pinning like a regular user.
2. Use various sources for your pinning (rather than one speciÞc site).
3. Re-pinning from within the site is one of the most social activities
is on Pinterest.
4. Create at least a few boards, rather than maintaining one devoted
to one topic.
5. Don’t use a logo in your proÞle – go with a head shot.
6. Add links to all your social networks in the proÞle.
7. Find Pinterest followers searching your Twitter and Facebook lists.
8. Use creative pin titles.
9. Use keywords in the pin’s description
10. You can tag other users with the @ symbol
11. Use fun names for your boards.
12. Pin images from clients
13. Add watermarks to brand your images.
14. Have company sponsored contests on Pinterest: Scavenger hunts,
most re-pins, image competition etc…
15. Check out what your competition is doing on Pinterest.
16. Do keyword searches for terms you want to rank for. See what
others are doing to rank for those terms.
17. Make sure you have analytics on your business or money site, so
you can judge how much trafÞc is coming from Pinterest.
18. Embed the pin-it badge on your site.
19. Pinterest is a visual platform, so your pins should be visually
20. Don’t mislead people in the description of your pins.
21. Make sure your pin links to the content you are promoting, and not
just the home page of the content. Be direct.
22. Be respectful of other users.
23. Credit all of your sources.
24. Like all social media – engagement is the key. You need to use the
service as often as possible.
25. Find ideas and trends by using the “Popular” button.
26. Use a Pinterest add-on for your browser, so you can pin easily
while browsing the web.
27. You can add contributers to your boards that can help keep your
28. Add news pins as often as possible.
29. Be interesting – Don’t laugh this is actually hard for some people.
30. Stay organized – keep boards focused on one topic. If you want to
expand topics, create another board.
31. Follow any users who are actively pinning about your business.
You can learn the views and opinions of your customers by seeing
what the pin and re-pin.
32. Create your brand’s Pinterest account before someone else obtains
33. Set up a unique landing page for your Pinterest trafÞc. You can
create the page to correlate with the info you are sharing on
34. Listen to your followers – put out potential Þres quickly.
35. Categorize your boards. You can put them into any of Pinterest’s
36. Hash Tags (#) work on Pinterest as well.
37. You can follow people by boards. If someone only has one board
of many that interests you, follow the single board.
38. You can add pricing to your Pinterest. There is a Þeld to add it in
39. Pins are usually engaged with the most, right after it is posted.
40. Try putting text on top of your images. It may grab attention more
than the description will.
41. If someone re-pins your content, both like and comment on it.
42. Best hours to pin: 8 PM to 1 AM
43. Put links in your descriptions.
44. Small bursts of pins throughout the day are more effective than
putting all pins up once a day.
45. Shorter descriptions tend to get more re-pins
46. Show behind the scenes type action at your business. People will
feel like insiders.
47. Be genuine.
48. Keep it simple – average person skims a pin in 1.2 seconds.
49. Encourage people to interact by asking them what they think.
50. Tweet and Facbeook your pins.
51. Thanking people for re-pins could start a conversation.
52. Add a link to your website in your proÞle.
53. Have a healthy mix of pinning your own Þnds, and re-pinning
54. Youtube videos are really easy to pin, and the video section on
Pinterest isn’t as packed as the image section.
55. Get a Pinterest phone app to make Pinning on the go simple and
56. Use images in all of your posts so people can pin the images.
57. Since Pinterest is a visual platform your pictures should be high
quality and eye catching.
59. Be wary of copyrights, if images aren’t yours – state that.
60. Include ÒPin ThisÓ icons on content inside your email or newsletter.
61. Keep your boards looking fresh by rearranging them frequently so
featured pins are Òabove the foldÓ.
62. Build relationships with other Pinterest users who have high likes or
63. Build relationships with other users by re-pinning, liking, and
commenting on their photos.
64. Don’t spam and give one word feedback. Give thoughtful answers
and post on images you actually care about. Being genuine will
65. Don’t be overly self promotional.
66. Inspirational quote images get re-pinned a lot. Include a logo
67. Once you have some followers, host a best ÒboardÓ contest (topic
related to your niches of course).
68. Complete your entire proÞle – it looks more professional.
69. Focus the content of your boards on the lifestyle of your brand as
well as promoting your products.
70. Find out what people are pinning on your site. This will give you
insight into what is catching people’s attention on your website.
71. Make sure you understand the risk of posting images you don’t
own. It probably won’t be a big deal, but you should know it could
72. Include your Pinterest URL on any promotional material.
73. Be yourself, that shines through on social media.
74. Use humor when appropriate.
75. While you should share important Pins on Facebook/Twitter, don’t
auto post if you pin a lot. It will clog your FB and Twitter feeds.
Thank You For Reading Comments are encouraged!
1 Comment to “Be Pinteresting – Learn How To Pinterest!”
Our Blog Archives
- March 2013 (1)
- January 2013 (2)
- December 2012 (2)
- November 2012 (1)
- October 2012 (3)
- September 2012 (5)
- August 2012 (10)
- July 2012 (14)
Latest Blog Post
- Does Buying Social Media Followers Enhance your Online Marketing?
- Facebook Fan Page Promotion Idea
- Buy Facebook Fans Online
- Promotion And Branding On YouTube
- Six Social-Digital Trends for 2013
- How Can Musicians Take Advantage of Facebook to Promote Themselves?
- Top 5 SoundCloud Music Promotion Tips
- Buying Twitter followers is trendy
- Top 5 Excuses for Not Joining Twitter
- Backlink Exchange For Free Web Traffic!